This page was last updated on
Table of Contents
This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains how Traveling.Coupons, (“Traveling.Coupons”, “us”, “our”, or “we”) uses your information and applies to all who use our websites and platforms – including mobile applications, touch technologies, electronic services, social networking sites, interactive features, online services or any of our described online activities we own or control (collectively, the “Service” or “Website”). For terms that govern the use of the Service, please review the Service’s Terms And Conditions.
This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy for updates when you use the Website.
2. Children’s Privacy
The Service is a general audience site not directed at children under the age of 18.
By using Traveling Coupons, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to Traveling.Coupons Service.
3. Regarding California and Its Residents
California residents may have additional rights regarding the sale and collection of their personal information pursuant to the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”) effective January 1, 2020.
4. Information We Collect
We may collect several types of information from and about our users, including information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”), such as:
- Contact information, including name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number. When you provide us with information in connection with a particular activity or otherwise sign up for our Services or provide your contact information, including an email address or telephone number in connection with that activity, you expressly consent to our communicating with you about Traveling.Coupons using the information you provided to us. You also attest that you have the legal authority over any telephone number you provide to us and can provide us with the authorization to contact you. This means we may contact you, in person or by recorded message, by e-mail, telephone and/or mobile telephone number (including use of automated dialing equipment), text (SMS) message, or any other means of communication that your wireless or other telecommunications device may be capable of receiving.
- Date of birth, business phone number, business address, IP Address, zip code, first and last name, physical mailing address. This personally identifiable information is used to process coupons, customer service, and tracking account activity on the site.
- Information Submitted for Surveys and Promotions. From time-to-time we may request information from you and other users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary so you and other users have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Survey information will be used for the purpose(s) of the survey, including the monitoring or improvement of the use and satisfaction of Traveling.Coupons Service.
- Social Media Platform Information. Traveling.Coupons and any Traveling.Coupons social media platforms or online tools, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and TikTok, (collectively, “social media channels”) are social media locations for users to connect to and learn about Traveling.Coupons through information, pictures, and videos. For example, when you comment on the Traveling.Coupons Website using your social media username and password and clicking “allow” on the authorization screen, you give us permission to capture, store, use and display your user ID, your basic profile information, and any other information from your profile that you specifically allow us to access. The authentication of your login credentials is conducted solely through the social media channel. Our goal is to provide quality and up-to-date material about our company which we believe is useful and interesting to our users. If you use Facebook or other social media platforms or applications to interact with Traveling.Coupons Website, including by linking your account, the social media platform(s) may have a specific privacy statement and terms and conditions that govern the use of Personal Information related to that platform or application. In addition, we use Akamai to support our social network platforms and if you provide permission on any particular Website, information from your social networking accounts may be forwarded to us.
- Geolocation Services. It is possible that we may ask you if you wish us to collect your Geolocation in order to offer you real-time deals nearby and will maintain information about your geolocation to facilitate your serving such real time deals to you. In addition, when you have the geolocation software running on your mobile phone, computer, or other device, we may collect that information as controlled by your privacy settings on those devices. We will not share your exact Geolocation or use your exact Geolocation for any other purpose.
- Information You Provide About a Third Party. If you send someone else a communication from the Traveling.Coupons Applications, such as sending an invitation to a friend, the information you provide (names, e-mail addresses, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. If that person becomes a customer or registers with us, his/her information will be treated in the same manner as all other customers or registered users. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on the Traveling.Coupons Website, your e-mail address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
- Information We Collect From Third Parties. We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically, such as information to validate or update your address or other demographic and lifestyle information. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services and offers that may be of interest, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
5. Automatic Data Collection Technology
We want users to enjoy their experience while navigating our Website, and to ensure the best user experience each time you visit our Website, we may use automatic data collection technology to collect certain information about your device(s) and browsing activities and patterns. Specifically, we may collect details of your visit to our Website such as location data, traffic data, and other information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Please note that the information we may automatically collect will include personal information or we may maintain or associate the automatic data with personal information we have collect in other ways or received from third parties. By collecting this information, we can improve our Website and such information enables us to estimate our audience size, user usage patterns, store information about your preferences, recognize you when you visit the Website, and deliver a product tailored to your needs.
A few of the tracking technologies that may be used to collect usage information include, without limitation, the following:
- Session ID Cookies: These cookies are used to store information while a user is logged into the Website and expire when the user closes his/her browser.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies are used to make tasks like logging into the Website easier for returning users by remembering a user’s login information. Persistent cookies stay on a user’s hard drive from one session to the next.
Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages, merchant Websites, and redemption of coupons. When you click on a coupon or an offer on the “Traveling.Coupons Website” an affiliate cookie will be set on your hard drive to track your use and redemption of the coupon or offer. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you choose to disable cookies on your device, some features of the Traveling.Coupons Website may not function properly.
Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Traveling.Coupons Website, to monitor how users navigate the Traveling.Coupons Website, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
Web Logs. Like most standard Website servers, we log device identifiers and the operating system of your computer and may track your movement and redemption within the Traveling.Coupons Website, the pages from which you were referred, access times, and browser types in order to improve security, analyze trends and administer the Traveling.Coupons Website. We use this information in the aggregate to gauge the effectiveness, usage, and popularity of our Traveling.Coupons Website, track information for statistical purposes, help diagnose and troubleshoot server malfunctions, analyze trends, track user movement in the aggregate, gather broad demographic information, and track traffic and sales to our partner merchants. We may also use individual information we collect through web logs to send you targeted offers and other communications.
If you would like more information regarding which third-party companies we use to provide these services who may be serving cookies or other tracking tools on our Traveling.Coupons Website or want to know more about your choices about not having this information collected or used by these companies, please contact contact@Traveling.Coupons.
6. How We Use And Share Your Information
Use of Information by Us. We may use information that we collect about you:
(1) to provide you with information or process transactions that you have requested or agreed to receive, including transactional communications;
(2) to provide you with information regarding new features, products, or services from Traveling.Coupons or others we think you will be interested in;
(3) to improve the Traveling.Coupons Website or our Services and to customize your experience;
(4) to contact you with regard to your use of the Traveling.Coupons Services and, in our discretion, changes to the Traveling.Coupons Website and/or the Traveling.Coupons Websites’ policies;
(5) for internal business purposes;
(6) for legal purposes; and
Additional information about certain of these uses is described further below:
Electronic Promotional Offers. We may send you promotional emails regarding special offers about our Services or on behalf of third-party marketing partners who we think can offer services and products of interest to you but we will not share your email address with any third parties. If you do not want to receive emails regarding special promotions or products or services, you may update your email preference simply by sending a request to ‘Unsubscribe’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails, we may continue to send you electronic service notifications that are related to your registration, your profile or other services you have requested.
7. Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information.
We may share or disclose your information as disclosed in our “Use of Information” section above, and in at least the following instances:
(1) With strategic partners. We have entered into agreements with merchant and service partners to enable us to provide our Services in connection with sales of goods and services from our merchant partners, such as the redemption of coupons we provide on Traveling.Coupons Website. In certain situations, we may provide your information to those companies informing them of your use of the Website and their offering. Since these third parties will use your information in accordance with their own privacy practices, you should check their websites for information regarding their respective privacy policies. We may provide them this information when you use one of their offering or for specific email campaign.
(2) With service providers. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Traveling.Coupons Website or administer activities on our behalf. We may be exposed to your your information during this activities.
(3) In the course of a corporate event. In the case of an actual or potential merger, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or sale or transfer of all or some of Traveling.Coupons’s assets apart of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings, your personal information may be included.
(4) For legal matters; safety. We may, without your consent, access and disclose your information, any communications sent or received by you (including, without limitation, the contents of any chat, messaging, or other communication posted in the Interactive Services), and any other information that we may have about you or your account as may be permitted or required by law (including, but not limited to, court order or subpoena), or to prevent or investigate suspected fraud, violations of our Terms of Service or activity that appears to us to be illegal or may expose us to legal liability. Additionally, we may disclose your information and/or communications in situations that we believe to be: (i) emergencies involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property if we believe that your information in any way relates to that threat; or (ii) your conduct on the Traveling.Coupons Website or when using the Interactive Services that we believe is inappropriate and inconsistent with generally accepted norms of behavior.
8. Access To Your Information
If you wish to change or modify information in your account please send an email from the address you provided us to email@example.com. We will be happy to review, update or remove information as appropriate.
9. Choice And Opt Out.
You may remove your information from our database so as not to receive future communications or opt out of our sharing information with third parties for marketing purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you have on our records.
If you prefer not to receive electronic promotional communications, you can also opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each communication.
Please note that changes may not be effective immediately.
Note that despite any request for removal or change to personally identifiable information, we may need to retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce our Terms of Service or other policies, take actions we deem necessary due to technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity, and operation of our Website. Finally, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including without limitation our third-party service providers or strategic partners) with whom we have already shared your personally identifiable information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
10. Important Disclosures, Practices And Contact Information
Data Security. To protect our users, we have implemented preventative measures designed to aid in securing your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized use, alteration, access, and/or disclosure. All the personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your personal information is also contingent on you. You must take reasonable measures to keep all passwords, whether given or chosen, confidential. You should be mindful of using public computers and internet networks to access the Website as we are not liable for any information that may be tampered with. Information viewed in public areas may be viewed by anyone.
Although we take measures to protect your personal information, we cannot promise the security of your personal information transmitted to and from our Website. The transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of or tampering with any privacy setting or security measure contained on the Website.
11. The California Consumer Protection Act.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) became effective on January 1, 2020. The CCPA allows California residents (“consumers”) new rights with respect to their Personal Information regardless of whether there is a customer relationship or any other relationship with the covered business. This section provides detail regarding the CCPA if you qualify as a consumer and we qualify as a covered business thereunder.
The Right to Access: Pursuant to the CCPA, consumers have the right to access personal information that has been collected, stored, or sold by a business within the preceding twelve (12) month period. You may make personal information requests twice in a 12-month period. A covered business will need to collect information from you to verify your identity, and the covered business will respond within forty-five (45) days of receiving a personal information request.
The Right to Disclose: A covered business must disclose the personal information they collect or sell, and how the entity uses the information in response to consumer requests. This includes disclosing: the types of personal information collected, the source of the information, if the information was disclosed or sold to a third-party, the business purpose of sharing the information, the categories of personal information disclosed or sold to a third party, and the categories of third parties the information was sold or disclosed to.
The Right to Delete: Generally, if a covered business is contacted by a consumer requesting their personal information be deleted, they must comply. Some exceptions apply to this right.
The Right to Opt-Out: A consumer may choose to opt-out of having their personal information sold or shared. Covered businesses intending to sell personal information are required to offer consumers an option to “opt-out.” We provide a link for you to opt out at the bottom of this website, titled: “Do not sell my info.”
Right to Nondiscrimination: Under the CCPA, a covered business may not take retaliatory or discriminatory actions against any consumer who chooses to exercise any of these rights. Thus, covered businesses cannot deny the consumer goods or service, or subject them to different prices than other consumers. The law prohibits any practices that are usurious, coercive, or unjust.
However, the CCPA does not prohibit entities from offering incentives, even financial, to customers who chose to “opt-in” to share their personal information. More information about this is below.
Notice of Financial Incentive
This Notice of Financial Incentive includes an explanation of financial incentives we may offer California residents when they provide us with Personal Information. Those incentives are reasonably related to the information’s value, as permitted by the CCPA. The material aspects of any financial incentive will be explained and described when you sign up. Your participation in these programs is optional. If you choose to participate, you may withdraw at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. The financial incentives offered by Traveling.Coupons from time to time in exchange for consumer data are commonly percentage/promotional discount codes to be applied to a single purchase (typically in exchange for an email address or for joining with an account). The discounts may result in a range of savings to the consumer, depending on the details of the purchase. Incentives, including percentage/promotional discounts, are not directly tied to, or exclusively based upon, a set value of any individual element of consumer data, but are reasonably based in good faith on the following considerations:
- Some consumers first experience our brand online and offering an incentive provides a unique opportunity for them to explore our value.
- Some of Traveling.Coupons’s marketing and advertising activities are done online and email communications are a key part of reaching existing and potential consumers in a manner which they both expect and that allows for them to exercise choices about how or whether or not to be contacted.
- Discounts may also be affected by factors such as performance targets, geographic location, seasonality, and market trends.
If you are a consumer and we are a covered business, you may exercise any of the foregoing rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify which CCPA right(s) you are requesting to exercise. Traveling.Coupons will need to verify your identity and Traveling.Coupons will respond to you within forty-five (45) days of receiving a personal information request.